Date: 18-22 September, 2022
Time: 09:00 – 14:00
Venue: WSES Hall at the National Water Research Center Campus, Al-Kanater Al-Khayreya
The course will allow participants to be professionals in the fields of water quality analysis. The course is to cover the theoretical background and practical experience needed for analytical chemists and microbiologists.
The objective of this course is to introduce water and sediment monitoring techniques, laboratory methods related to water and sediment quality (chemical and microbiological). The training will focus on basic concepts of water and sediment analysis, instrumentation, statistical analysis and interpretation of data, and laboratory safety. The training will be a combination of lectures, hands-on field and lab activities.
Course Participants: Participants should have an academic qualification in an appropriate field such as environmental sciences (chemistry, microbiology, hydrogeology etc.), engineering (agricultural, environmental, hydrological, water resources engineering).
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion, the participants should be able to:
- understand and apply concepts of water and sediment quality and pollution processes.
- understand the basic concepts of water and sediment quality monitoring.
- design sound and sustainable monitoring and assessment programmes under specified conditions.
- experience hands-on water and sediment quality analysis
- exposure to state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and expertise
- interaction with professionals in the field of water and sediment quality
- have the necessary information about the laboratory safety procedures