Date: 20-24 November, 2022
Venue: WSES Hall at the National Water Research Center Campus, Al-Kanater Al-Khayreya
This course will provide a step by step training to use PLAXIS 2D in solving and simulating a number of practical problems , the course will cover a variety of topics, case studies and projects that may face any geotechnical engineer in his practical life.
Course Participates: Participants should be Civil Engineer. Also, the course is suitable for bachelor Undergraduate Studies in Civil Engineering (Last Year).
Course Learning Outcomes: .
- Introduction to Plaxis 2D, Soil profile and Constitutive Models, Circular footing on sand Modeling on soil
- Dry excavation using a tie back wall, Struts, anchors, and diaphragm wall, Excavation and dewatering
- Construction of a road embankment, Drained and undrained stability, Safety analysis
- Stability of Dam, Seepage, Consolidation
- Dynamics analysis of a generator on an elastic foundation, Free vibration and earthquake analysis of a building