The course gives visions in the hypothetical and methodological elements underlying the concept of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), with focus on thoughts and tools for sustainable development and management of water resources.
Course Participates: Participants should be experienced professionals within 2 years of working experience in the fields of civil engineering, water resources management, sustainable development or other relevant areas. English or French proficiency is required.
Course Learning Outcomes: Those Completing this Course will be able to:
- History of water management
- Concepts and theoretical perspectives on IWRM
- Principles, methodologies & tools for practicing IWRM
- Cross-cutting global issues in IWRM, e.g., stakeholder participation, gender, public-private debate
- The techniques, skills, and modern modeling software tools necessary for water resource planning and management.
- The impact of water and water related issues in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.