Course Description: This course presents the sediment transport problems, which are transported in overland flow and in rivers, and reservoirs; computation of sediment transport, deposition and erosion rates; and design solutions to sedimentation problems.
Course Participates: The course will be useful to those who manage and advise water resources projects as well as hydraulic engineers.
Course Learning Outcomes: Those Completing this Course will be able to:
- Describe the primary morphological processes affecting engineering projects.
- This course covers fine sediment processes in transport, deposition, and erosion by water.
- Calculate sediment transport rates and bed changes and use standard software for those calculations.
- Identify the principal causes of typical sedimentation problems in landscapes and waterways and their potential remedies.
- Perform basic designs for projects that efficiently manage sediment.
- Obtain knowledge of some common structural and non-structural measures to reduce sedimentation issues.
- Learn what tools are available to design sediment management measures.